Take your technical skills and apply them to a rapidly growing sector using cutting edge digital technologies such as conversational interfaces, AI, ML with us. We are growing fast and we need people to grow us faster. As Australia’s largest language services provider, we help business and organisations communicate and connect with the 21% of Australians who speak a language other than English.
Our world connects 3,000+ interpreters across 180+ languages through innovative technologies to power stronger connections more than ever before.
You are a driven and experienced data engineer, able to create a strong vision for the data strategy across our existing digital channels, systems and applications. You will contribute to the ongoing digitisation of language services that connect clients and their customers in any language, across any channel, any time.
Join a genuinely exciting workplace that changes people’s lives and their ability to belong in society.
Lead, design and implement continuous development across our Azure-hosted data lake and data warehouse:
- Continually improve data standards and strategy
- Own and support the operational Data Warehouse
- Analyse data from new source systems
- Build Azure Data Factory pipelines
- Build PowerBI dashboards, visualisations and reports
- Create and train machine learning models
- Navigate complex requirements of ongoing technology integration
- Get things done
- Love working as part of a team
- Have a proven delivery background
- Are ready for a new challenge
- Have 5 years’ experience as a Senior Data Engineer
- Have significant hands on experience across Azure data services
- Possess software engineering degree or equivalent
- Love technology and change
- Love the impact we’re having for our clients
- Love moving fast
- Have a great work culture
Qualifications and Eligibility
Degree in computer science or equivalent qualification. Australian and New Zealand Permanent Residents and Citizens only.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll be reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and will be collaborating on a daily basis with the engineers and analysts in the development team.
This is an initial 12 month contract as an employee, with the potential of a permanent role. This is a new position for our business.