At LanguageLoop, we’re connecting more and more people and businesses everyday as languages have become part of doing business in our global community.
In 180+ languages with a full suite of telephone, video, onsite interpreting and translation solutions, we’re helping more Australian businesses than ever, as our population continues to expand and diversify.
To help us keep pace, we are looking for a highly motivated, experienced individual to join our medium sized organisation for the in-house role of Finance Assistant reporting to the Finance Manager.
This role is part of a discrete Finance team responsible for oversight and management of finances for LanguageLoop. A hands-on roles, with external contact with approx. 2000 contractors, it will require you to multi-task across a variety of financial tasks. The ideal candidate must proactively use effective written and verbal communication to ensure queries are handled with transparency and efficiency, a high attention to detail for financial transactions is a must.
As a LanguageLoop professional, you’ll have opportunities to grow your career with Australia’s leading language services provider, and with a wide range of clients and industries including energy, health, medical, banking and telecommunications, among others.
- Invoice processing for language professionals including cancellations,, travel km and client bulk processing
- Execute monthly payment process for approx. 1000 language professionals
- Process client and contractor invoice adjustments
- Assist Assistant Accountant and Accounts Receivable in receipting and other duties
- Follow up outstanding client invoices
- Stock management of stationary and kitchen supplies
- Back up role for accounts receivable/payable officer when on leave
Key Selection Criteria:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in big volume data processing
- Fluency in financial software and MS Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates initiative
- Good at problem solving /. trouble shooting
- Solution orientated
- Team player
- Min 3 years working experience in accounts receivable / payable Or
- Accounting / Finance or Business Administration qualification
- Knowledge of the language services industry
- Experience with MS Dynamics Nav finance software
This role is based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD with WFH as per government guidelines.
Applications must include:
- a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria; and
- a detailed CV.
This is a direct placement position only. No recruiter submissions will be considered
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- What’s your highest level of education?
For further information please contact Eibhlin Fletcher on (03) 9280 1958.
To apply for this position, please click here.