Chief Financial Officer
At LanguageLoop, we’re connecting more and more people and businesses everyday as languages have become part of doing business in our global community.
In 180+ languages with a full suite of telephone, video, onsite interpreting and translation solutions, we’re helping more Australian businesses than ever, as our population continues to expand and diversify.
To help us keep pace, we are looking for a highly motivated, experienced individual to join our organisation as a Chief Financial Officer.
You’ll provide commercial insights to the executive team on financial and operational trends (current and predicted) to support business decisions and drive our growth. You’ll be primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, and oversight of all financial, accounting, payroll functions (staff plus a contractor workforce of 3000+) as well as financial reporting (to the Board and Department of Treasury & Finance).
Further you will manage our auditing functions and be the key contact for our Board Audit & Risk committee. You’ll have carriage of our strategic pricing function, working closely with the CEO and GM Sales. You’ll be responsible for delivering critical business analysis and insights, defining and reporting valuable metrics to enable well informed strategic business decisions and effective execution.
In addition to the above, you’ll partner with the CEO in driving revenue and earnings growth through commercial decision making. This will come from your insight into an environment of growth, understanding consumer behaviour, knowing how to capitalise & maximise on technology and be willing to take calculated risks whilst balancing strategic goals. You will influence across the entire business and hence the ability to engage with people at all levels – not just in the boardroom – is paramount.
We offer the opportunity to:
- Shape a brand new role in a highly multicultural, fast-paced working environment
- Drive strategic insights to our financial performance, identifying opportunities for further growth
- Build a strategic pricing framework to manage all pricing/margin decisions
- Challenge the strategic thinking of the leadership team
- Lead the coordination of financial reporting to the Board and Victorian Government with responsibility for our Audit & Risk Committee
- Manage payments to our 3000+ contractor workforce and invoicing for our 1000+ clients
- Be a pioneer in our industry as part of a potent executive team
- CA/CPA qualifications
- At least 8-10 years’ experience
- Commercial growth environment preferred
- Aspiration of CFO as your next career move with an impressive track record
- Significant experience with contemporary reporting and business intelligence tools
You’re good at:
- Optimising systems whilst maximising people performance
- Capitalising on business opportunities
- Identifying and presenting strategic business intelligence
- Initiating and implementing change